AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How long is Monsanto's patent on RR beans?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Posted 10/11/2006 09:59 (#50420 - in reply to #49603)
Subject: RE: How long is Monsanto's patent on RR beans?

There is a RR2 coming on soys to clarify some above chatter. It involves the placement of the gene as the change. This is from Monsanto. Dupont is close to testing on GAT for their version of RR soys (and corn). Syngenta I don't know where they are at for release.

Truely if a person has such a distaste for M they could plant all NK beans. They are under license to use RR but don't believe they pay anything to M because of the licensing going back to Novartis. Plant corn from non M companies, ASI included and see how fast things change.

What really P's me off is they keep raising the tech fees on soys and now RR corn. This technology is paid for and developed, there is no reason to increase the fee on it...there is no additional cost to M to maintain the RR gene. They just want more money to go buy more competition with. Plain and simple.

No I don't believe it should be free but reasonable. Seed beans have gone up roughly $10 unit in 5 years. Has your crop gone up 40-50% of it's value you are getting from the seed? By raising the tech fee M has more money out to the seed companies. This gives them more money to loan to the seed companies for which most have defaulted on and then become "aquired" by ASI. Who is next????????
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)