AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

UAV Map Pricing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

BacNBlak
Posted 6/22/2018 21:54 (#6828507 - in reply to #6811156)
Subject: RE: UAV Map Pricing

Eastern Shore of MD
You’d be best to tip toe, not plunge. You sound like i did a few years ago. I was ready to drop $20k and charge farmers a couple bucks an acre and i thought it’ll all work great. Glad I just got a Phantom 3 (best available at the time) and ‘tested the market.’ We have a lot of high dollar vegetable crops in the area and a lot of very progressive grain farmers as well that are never afraid to try new tech. How many signed up? Zero.

I did demonstrations (with Drone deploy) for free to show what I could do and also probed around about VR Rx mapping and such. It just never gained traction and I certainly wasn’t going to drop the big bucks to try and ‘prove my point’ when the farmers weren’t really asking for it in the first place. Almost every farmer was legit impressed with the imagery I created and I have a lot of positive feed back like ‘your map matched my yield map almost exactly’ but it never produced any real tangible value to the farmer so why add another expense to their bottom line?

I still use it for myself but be careful. Not saying it can’t be done but it ain’t easy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)