Posted 6/11/2018 14:34 (#6806654) Subject: Pro 600 in a 2388
I know this has been discussed before, and I have tried looking in old threads, but I still have questions...
I just bought an 05 2388 with a Pro 600 in it. It didn't come with a receiver. All my tractors are 25+ years old and the most advanced equipment I have had until now was a black box yield monitor in my old combine. I farm small enough I can't really justify buying expensive GPS equipment. Here are my questions:
1. I assume without a receiver, the 600 will still store yield info just like my old black box, correct?
2. If I only want to do yield mapping with this system, how cheap of a receiver could I get away with?
3. How can I physically tell if the combine is set up for auto-steer? I do not plan on spending thousands of extra dollars just so I can cut a perfect swath of beans every time, but I would like to know if the combine already has the components and all I need is the right receiver.
4. Assuming I get a high-dollar receiver to pair with the 600 to steer the combine, is there any way to use those components if I wanted to add auto steer to an old planting tractor down the road? I know I'd need an EZ steer or something to take the GPS signal and physically steer the tractor, so would I be better off buying an entire EZ guide/ EZ steer system and then just using that receiver with the 600 to map in the combine?
5. What is a Nav II, do I need one (for mapping or for auto steer) and how can I tell if I have one?
6. Edit to add - can cameras be hooked to a 600, or is that just a 700 thing?