AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gleaner A75
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GM Guy
Posted 6/7/2018 17:38 (#6799606 - in reply to #6799351)
Subject: RE: Gleaner A75

NW KS/ SC ID
I dont own one, but have had some time on and around a A85.
The shoe is kind of a crappy design if its similar to the A85. single drive arm, which would be OK if it was centered, but its not, its off to one side, which puts alot of twisting force on the shoe, and it loves to crack welds and fly apart. I have heard from someone that used to run one that the Hart Carter Gateway sieve (I think that is the name for the poly sieves) reduced the weight enough to eliminate breakage.

The unloader is about as simple as the transverse swivel unloader, but operates totally different. both are vastly superior to anything else out there.

Concaves are much easier to handle than the A85.

The rotor drive is awesome, hydrostatic, so that also means full power reverse in case of a slug.

So overall a good machine that seems to do a great job, but has a few flaws like anything does. check shoe frame for cracks, check everything for wear, rotor vanes like to get neglected as the rotor needs pulled for replacement, and people dont want to do that. Also check feeder drum/ feed accelerator for wear on the vanes, as well as wear in the cone where the return dumps back in. again, its an issue on the class 8, IDK if the class 7 had that same issue.

For long term ownership, the A5 series looks much less complex wiring wise than the A6 series, so it might be easier/cheaper to keep going in the long run than a A6.

Edited by GM Guy 6/7/2018 17:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)