AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DJI Phantom III Standard & Drone Deploy VARI
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

cwrisley
Posted 5/14/2018 16:15 (#6760267)
Subject: DJI Phantom III Standard & Drone Deploy VARI

Upstate New York

Hey Everyone,
Just wanted to say I walked through my first process of using my drone Phantom 3 Standard (that I got this past Christmas) for something other than just flying around and capturing scenery and pictures around the shop. I signed up for the free 30 day trial of drone deploy and used the "plant health" option to 'scout' one of our certified organic HRWW fields. Overall process was clumsy and long. (Uploading pictures on slow internet, guides seemingly out of date for drone deploy, no cable with phantom 3, etc.) But happy to see a 'result'... Well not sure if I'm happy with the result or not! Seeing some red!

Hay & Grains HRWW VARI

Couple of things I noticed
1. Whole different outlook when on the ground. My Dad and I were happy with what we saw from the corner of the field. This analysis view sheds a whole new light on what's happening in the field. 
2. Not sure what actions to take next. We are organic, so maybe some fish emulsion spray..?
3. The drone deploy is simple and hard at the same time. I don't have good cell/data coverage so I made the 'flight plan' off line...then flight plans would show up and not show up in the app. Kind of confusing.
4. I ended up getting the flight plan and pictures to go pretty easy once I was in the field. But the app told me to upload images after my flight, but the 'job' in the app and desktop just had 'edit'. Ended up using the "+" on the desktop and picking upload images after I moved the images from the drone SD card to my desktop. (Kept the SD card in the drone) and used windows explorer to see the drone 'drive' and copy and pasted.

I have one flight plan and analysis under my belt...Feels great! Now, the next thing to consider, what do I do with this information...(and how do I get it into Farmworks/trimble desktop)
Thanks Everyone, just wanted to share!

(crop (full).png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments crop (full).png (126KB - 472 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)