AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

new versus old tractors?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 10/5/2006 19:01 (#48962 - in reply to #48954)
Subject: Re: new versus old tractors?

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
Well see that's my problem with your post,your knocking guys for doing things different that work on their operation,but not on yours. The equipment needs of a multi thousand acre North Dakota dry land grain farm are a whole lot different than a Dairy in Ontario. And what exactly is the meaning of machinery management VS maintenance. To me,they are one and the same. To me an older machine that is maintained in like new condition is just as reliable as new iron and will do the job for far lower cost. To me that is good machinery management.
When I find new equipment that has new technology that is valuable to me that can not be cost effectively retrofitted to an older machine,I will buy the new machine in a heartbeat.
I do not buy new iron just to smell the fresh paint. Nothing wrong with the BTO's that just gotta have new paint all the time,their the ones that generate the good used stuff that a smart smaller operation will buy at 5-10 years old for 1/3 the money and still be able to get 3/4 of the original value out of the machine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)