AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Powered Soil Sample Probe
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

GOOSEPILOT
Posted 3/28/2018 23:23 (#6672041 - in reply to #6671369)
Subject: RE: Powered Soil Sample Probe

WC Mn/Dakotas
I use gk on one for logging where i drive and sample points. The other is a clip board with a print of my zones and points. The monitor is zoomed way in and the paper is an over view and to take any notes to go into growers 3 ring binder. Some times i also have ipad and cc fv on it to have other layers on just to observe when driving around.

One thing i find is my atv is not always level to the ground, so it is nice to be able to move my probe tip forward or back (it hangs from a pivot pin). Also the distance from the ground to the probe changes depending on how you drive, so i dont think a fix stroke depth setting will work. Some times the ground is hard and it lifts the atv up, another reason for stroke changes.

Maybe its just a here thing, but i almost always need wd40 for every core and often have to scrape or brush some mud from outside or inside the probe.

I normally do 0-6". Sometimes i also do 6-12" and cut the core twice. I can go to about 16-18" max.

I like the elec as i only hear a small hyd whine when moving probe vs hearing another motor run constantly for 14 hours a day.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)