AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do you care to predict
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

1156versatile
Posted 3/13/2018 07:09 (#6638698 - in reply to #6638575)
Subject: RE: Do you care to predict

Strathcona, mn
I just had a talk with a younger guy about this a few days ago. I’ve grown my operation with gol of finding that “happy” place of hitting the scale of efficiency but not overburdened by too much management. He asked how big I want to be. My response was just large enough to stay viable in my geographic location. Face it, Farms have grown size wise and that trend will continue. I also mentioned autotonomus equipment. For the most part the industry isn’t going to have larger equipment and it can travel only so fast across the field. I think one person in a Tractor will have 2-3 more tractors following their lead in field. Less operators and more computer save equipment managers. I also believe farms will continue to grow and full time farms will have mechanics, agronomist, Grain marketers, etc... employed and on staff. What size does that demand a farm to be? Not sure but it is larger than the average farm today. If all goes well my career should slow down around 2045, should be quite the ride getting there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)