AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Back Up Camera
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/1/2006 08:28 (#47989)
Subject: Back Up Camera

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I was at my local Wal-Mart store last week and noticed that the VR3 folks have a back up camera system.

This is the company that produces the MP3 FM transmitters and radios that I have discussed in the past.

This Back up Camera system consists of a fairly small monitor and a camera. The camera is cleverly mounted on a piece of plastic which has holes to mate with the license plate bracket on a car, truck or SUV. The kit includes some small wedges that allow the camera to be tilted for the best view.

The unit at Wal-Mart was wired up but did not seem operational. There was no price listed either.

Heres a link - http://www.roadmasterusa.com/backupcamera_vr3.php

It appears that there are three models: Color wireless, Color wired and B/W wired.

I am thinking about exploring one of these units for mounting on the combine for backup safety. I'm little reluctant to go with the wireless model due to possible interference with my Cell Phone, GPS etc. The wired model may be better suited but would require a more fixed installation. Then again at $139 or less, preventing one accident would be well worth the price.

I would be interested in anyone's thoughts or experience in this regard.

Edited by tedbear 10/1/2006 08:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)