AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone ever build an ISOBUS task controller?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

programjoe
Posted 2/10/2018 17:15 (#6568717 - in reply to #6568605)
Subject: RE: Anyone ever build an ISOBUS task controller?

Garner, NC
For just diagnostics and reading the message flow a canbus logger should work (found a pretty good one https://www.csselectronics.com/screen/allproducts). I don't know what connectors you have available but you will need some sort of serial connector or support for one of the automotive connector types. Also you may have to experiment with turning things off and on to get a sense of what control id's correspond to what equipment if the manufacturer doesn't publish that info.

Perdue university has projects that are attempting to make it easier to read data from any device without having to do all the guesswork (open ag data alliance) and the ISOblue project but it seems to be limited in terms of hardware (didn't see support for rpi, but they did have beagle bone which is similar). I'm in contact with them and trying to help out build that software since I want to use it as well.

The biggest challenge for me is that the technology make sense but I have limited access to farm equipment with ISOBUS installed on it. I'd be happy to help out making sense of the data and helping you build out controls if you want to collaborate.

I'll be open and honest, that I'm trying to build a startup around water and soil sensors for ISOBUS and completely opening up the technology so growers can build and maintain anything they want on ISOBUS. However, at this point I'm just looking to help out where I can to learn more.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)