AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Liquid Fert Auto Shut Off
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Dennis SEND
Posted 1/23/2018 21:43 (#6526937 - in reply to #6526861)
Subject: RE: Liquid Fert Auto Shut Off

How much fertilizer are you putting down?? I have ran the numbers and just cannot figure out how it is economical to do so for what they cost in my operation, but then again I am only putting down 4 GPA of starter, I have a 24R30 planter and figure about 5% overlap (which is probably kind of on the high side given my field layouts) but anyways figuring 1000 acres x 5 percent would be 50 acres of overlap x 4 GPA so 200 gallons of fertilizer saved the fertilizer (10-34-0) is costing me about $2.25 gallon so in worst case I would save 450$ per year on a 1000 acres of corn, to do this I would have to spend 6-7K on my planter to shutoff every row (only way possible to completely eliminate overlap) equipment will be non functional before I see any ROI on it cause nothing exposed to fertilizer lasts forever, now the way I look at it, fertilizer is not like double planting (where double plants equals 1/2 yield) extra fertilizer helps some, does your coop have section control and shutoff for every 5 feet when spreading dry product or the NH3 rig every few feet?? Again this is just my opinion and everyone is entitled to there own.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)