AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Liquid Fert Auto Shut Off
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/22/2018 14:50 (#6523652 - in reply to #6523459)
Subject: RE: Liquid Fert Auto Shut Off

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I'm not familiar with the Deere system and electric clutches. It would get quite expensive to have a fertilizer valve for each row.

With my planter I use Ag Leader products and have Ag Leader modules that work with seed and also one that works with liquid for my spray setup on the planter. I have my spray tips setup in 4-6 row sections so the setup is identical to a 60' sprayer with four section valves. Auto swath and the Liquid Product Controller cycle the sections OFF once an entire section reaches a previously covered area. This ON/OFF is independent of the seed sections ON/OFF. I would think the same thing could be done with a Deere Rate controller such as they use with sprayers.

Having spray or fertilizer sections wider than the seed sections will save on the valve cost but does result in more overlap. In my case I have a 24 row planter setup in 12-2 row sections for seed but 4-6 row sections for spray. I could have set it up for more sections but I didn't feel I would ever recover the extra cost of the extra valves.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)