AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Environmental fee for patching a tire?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

brada
Posted 12/13/2017 22:33 (#6427617 - in reply to #6426410)
Subject: RE: Environmental fee for patching a tire?

Bancroft, Iowa
A few years back I was having issues with the hydraulics on my Case backhoe. I was not comfortable tearing into the valve stacks at the back of the machine, as that was where I was sure the problem was. Tried talking on the phone with a tech, which got me nowhere. I told them to come look at it, told them to work it in when they were in the area as I knew they would be. They are 1.5 hrs from me. Few days later I got a call from the tech, he was at the coop working on their payloader. 10 minutes away. Perfect. I had the backhoe in my heated shop. He diagnosed quickly and pulled a cap from the rear valve stack. Used my oil pan, I gave him rags to wipe his hands. Only thing of his he used was his wrench. Pulled out a broken detent spring, said it would run ok till I got a replacement as he did not have one with him. He was at my place for maybe 10 minutes.

I got the bill a couple days later. $700. I got charged travel time, and mileage from the store as well as a service call fee. The mechanic had told me that he was working on a forklift at a factory 20 miles away, then worked on the payloader halfway on his way to my place. So all 3 of us got charged time and mileage even though we were all on the same 'trip'. The charge that got me most was $90 for 'shop supplies'. Not one bit of their shop supplies were used, and I bet the mechanic buys his own tools. I talked to the service manager about the shop supplies charge, thought they would throw that one out in this situation. No go. All I can say is thank you to Titan Machinery, love my new Deere backhoe.

Edited by brada 12/13/2017 22:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)