AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My turn for a seed corn price rant...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

tmuddly17
Posted 12/15/2017 08:25 (#6430558 - in reply to #6426066)
Subject: RE: My turn for a seed corn price rant...

NEMO
lol

Or perhaps some dealers develop a relationship with their customers. I don't just sell seed. I sell the service that goes with it- replant, walking fields, staying open late to get your seed, or even leaving dinner with my wife so I can open back up to get the 10 bags of wheat you just had to have at 8 o'clock on a Thursday night, etc... I sell value and profitability and I tell my customers that. I learned a long time ago not to sell based on price. Someone will always be willing to undercut you on price. Believe it or not, most of you buy based on value and not price- otherwise Rural King has corn for $99/unit.

My customers definitely aren't sheep, but let me ask you this: If you consistently try to squeeze an extra point or two out of every seed purchase you make, don't you think your dealer is smart enough to raise it a point or two beforehand? You can brag about your "deal" and how much you talked a guy out of, but I doubt you're getting a steal. Maybe you are, but maybe you also aren't getting as much value. Value is different to everyone. If it works for you, great.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)