AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ Boom on Hagie STS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/11/2008 20:48 (#531512 - in reply to #531440)
Subject: RE: EZ Boom on Hagie STS

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Since the 460 doesn't have boom switches you used the OEM boom switches.

If the EZ-Boom is used as the controller/autswath you will be forced to utilize the switches on the EZ-Boom box. This will require that the original boom switches be left in the OFF position or disconnected.

The reason being that if the original switches accidently got turned ON, the EZ-Boom would not be in control and would not be able to shut a section OFF with autoswath.

Remember also that the EZ-Boom does not use a Boundary concept so that the operator should be careful and shut the Master OFF on the ends after autoswath has shut the sections off. The reason being that if a boom section should happen to pass out over an adjoining field that section would come back ON since the system feels that it has not been sprayed. This is usually not desirable and can be prevented by always shutting the Master OFF after autoswath has shut all the sections OFF.

Even with systems such as the Insight that utilize the Boundary concept it is still good practice to shut the Master OFF so that no surprises occur. I know this from experience.

The Insight also has the Inner Boundary concept that can work well for waterways. Systems without a Boundary concept need to handle waterways carefully.

Edited by tedbear 12/14/2008 08:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)