AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What would you do if this is the quality of job you paid for?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

billonthefarm
Posted 11/19/2017 22:19 (#6376780 - in reply to #6376710)
Subject: RE: What would you do if this is the quality of job you paid for?

Farmington IL
flyin45 - 11/19/2017 21:45

Tool bar rentals cheap because if you figure in let's just say a 25000 bar plus the maintenance and any parts you break I'll gladly pay a couple bucks an acre to rent. Plus somebody running the bar and somebody hauling tanks, hours on the tractor and fuel for the tractor and truck on top the fact I've got plowing to do and other things to get done it would be costing me to apply it myself which I have normally done but with the late fall this year just didnt want to go into spring already behind. This was an isolated incident and after some clarification probably won't happen again.

Like they say, 100 ways to skin a cat.
$4500 toolbar, Tractor we bought new back in 1992. Less than a gallon to the acre in fuel. Repairs in the last 2 years less than $25. Last fall I worked cows till early afternoon then ran NH3 later in the day. My dad likes something to do so he pulls tanks for me.
Last time I had NH3 custom applied cost me $12 an acre, thats $960 for every 80 acres.
Doing 200 acres a day is doable if I can spend the entire day running. $2400.
1000 acres of corn a year, $12,000.

Just like doing your own dry fertilizer. Someone asked me how much I was saving. I pulled out my phone and quickly did the numbers. $580 every 8 ton load minus fuel and labor which could be $30-$40 each load. So even if it was only $500 a load. That adds up.

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image.jpg (178KB - 21 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (128KB - 17 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)