AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fieldview mapping accuracy on Gleaner?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

FarmWeather
Posted 10/6/2017 07:40 (#6290878 - in reply to #6290872)
Subject: RE: Fieldview mapping accuracy on Gleaner?

Delta
Austin - 10/6/2017 06:37

Running a s77 Gleaner combine with agco c2000 monitor, garmin black hockey puck antenna, the fieldview drive and fieldview cab on my i pad.

Accuracy on the gleaner fieldstar 2 yield monitoring system isnt the greatest, but definately usable for isolating zones within fields. Hoping precision gets there system up for gleaners until next year.

Question is concerning the mapping on fieldview. It doesnt seem the system is getting very accurate mapping info or something because by swaths on my maps are all screwy. It also runs auto swath so even though I am following pretty straight planter passes, the map swath is turning off and on part of the swath and screwing up my numbers. When I am in fact taking a full header width it may think im taking 60% header width so it pushes the yield info way up. Etc.

Any way to fix this? When I plant (20/20 monitor with fieldview), fieldview maps perfectly with none of this wavy-ness. But that is with a trimble gps system and antenna.

I sure hope when I get to my corn which I planted with field view, it doesn't do this. I have a lot of split planter corn out (16 row planter, 8 row corn head) that I want to harvest accurately, and If it thinks I am swerving left and right all the time, thats going to screw up the whole deal.

I will try to attach pictures.

Thanks for any help

Your problem is the GPS source. If you want better maps you need to upgrade.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)