AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader YM2000 HELP!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/1/2017 08:01 (#6280620 - in reply to #6280374)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader YM2000 HELP!!

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The YM 2000 could be used for yield monitoring or yield monitoring and mapping. If you want to do yield monitoring and mapping, you need an appropriate GPS so the system "knows" where the combine is and an appropriate data storage card. The card must be in the display at all times, since the systems at that time didn't have enough memory to store the point by point yield information internally and wrote this information to the memory card as you harvested.

As part of this you selected the size of the memory card and how often to write to it. The size and type of memory card were important. The logging interval had choices of 1,2 or 3 seconds. Setting it at 1 second recorded more information but used up the memory on the card quicker so a 2 or 3 second interval was often selected.

Since you only wish to do yield monitoring, you need to change the memory card size setting to NONE. Otherwise the system will refuse to proceed until it finds a suitable memory card. The system watches the clean grain elevator speed and assumes you are going to harvest when the speed exceeds a minimum value. In other words I believe the system is behaving properly given the situation.

Whether you use a memory card or not, the system will log "Total" type information in its internal memory. This means that if you set it to NONE, no attempt is made to record the point by point information but Totals such as Total wet weight, Total Dry weight, Total bushels etc will be available. Although no maps can be made, the operator can visually watch the yield and moisture changes while harvesting and would have totals for fields and loads within fields.

I believe if you change the setting to NONE you will get some action.

Edited by tedbear 10/1/2017 08:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)