AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gavilon 2 year 2017 Soybean Pool Pricing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

MJH
Posted 9/23/2017 18:47 (#6265851 - in reply to #6265428)
Subject: RE: Gavilon 2 year 2017 Soybean Pool Pricing

The abc of the Grain world can no longer make a profit trading and merchandising Grain and we're desperate for a new revenue stream . Management figured out a way to market a new product generating millions and millions in fees and commissions The pro pricing contract or some variation of it marketed by many grain firms . Don't quote me on this but I think Cargill's pro pricing fees have generated over $300 million in revenue over some period of time .

The ABC's of the Grain world have fleeced the farmer out of hundreds of millions of dollars with these ridiculous pricing and marketing contracts. If you paid an average fee of $.15-$.20 a bushel to have them expertly price your grain for you and they did worse than the average market it was a terrible investment with a very negative ROI.

In my opinion these grain companies were acting no different then a hedge fund taking your money and promising you a return better than the market average . The problem is they did such a horrible job they should have not been allowed to collect any fees or commissions. In the real world Wall Street would not put up with this performance a firm like this would lose all its investors and be out of business.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)