AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Massey auto guide 3000 basic WR9770
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

OMC260
Posted 9/6/2017 10:06 (#6232207 - in reply to #6229823)
Subject: RE: Massey auto guide 3000 basic WR9770

Sioux Center, Iowa

This machine is my first experience with auto steer. So this is all new to me.  I read the book and nothing seemed to connect to this issue.  This is a 40 acre piece with a sizeable powerline on North side. Picture is facing south.  Worst incident on this field was at midnight.  I tried everything I could think of, including shutting off the lights. Tried resetting the wayline. (several times)  Tried restarting the system.  Doesn't matter if I go slow or fast. It will start to miss hay in the curves. Doesn't correct itself if I slow down, just does it slower.     I usually pull into the new swath and while I'm rolling and into it long enough for the map to straighten out, then engage.  When I watch the line while its doing it, it seems like it should know that its not steering right, so puzzling why it doesn't just steer where it should be.  I haven't changed the aggression levels.  Both times on straight rows, it's been the one direction only thats bad.  

Hasn't been a big deal. This is a 2013 machine that I bought a yr ago with 950 hours on it.  I've put another several 100 hrs on it and only had it do this 3 times or so.  Cut straight, contour, and pivot. (pivot works awesome )    It's done this twice on straight rows as pictured and once on contour that I recall.  

If auto steer steering response setting is the same as manual steer setting, it's set as responsive as possible.  Usually shows 8 to 10 satellites .  I haven't payed for any subscriptions . 

Thanks

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)