AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

tell me about twitter, please
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

mennoboy
Posted 9/1/2017 15:40 (#6223191 - in reply to #6222399)
Subject: RE: tell me about twitter, please

Rivers, MB
I'm a big fan of twitter. Actually use twitter more than I use AgTalk now. However, they each have their place.

AgTalk has been invaluable to me for solving a specific problem. Machinery especially. Great for getting marketing ideas. Good for attempting to get a feel for what kind of crop is across the US.

Twitter has been better for getting to know people involved in farming. I can't go anywhere in our province anymore without running into people that I've gotten to know on twitter. Which has tremendous value as well. Trading farming ideas, getting help with machinery, seeing crops and crop conditions around western Canada.

Both have their place. Yes, 140 characters can be constricting. But it does force you to get right to the point.

No, you don't have to use your real name. however, I always think there is more validity in someone that uses their real name. If I was to sign up for AgTalk again, I would include my name. If I'm not brave enough to include my name to it, I probably shouldn't be saying it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)