AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

It's gonna be hard to tell
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

maxflex540
Posted 8/20/2017 20:50 (#6199948 - in reply to #6199734)
Subject: RE: It's gonna be hard to tell

NW Iowa
Judging by the planted population, which at 75mph I estimated to be 12000-15000, the yield goals are not high which is obviously appropriate for the region. But a lot of what I saw way out west was 3' tall, tasseled, no ears, and fired halfway up. I wouldn't say there was "a lot" of corn out there but it steadily increased as we went east.

What I found very interesting was seeing a lot of pretty new-looking and large grain bins from the interstate. But most ingtriuging was the co-op in Kennebec---Some huge investment made there recently in grain and fert facilities. As we pumped fuel I could see at least 50 grain bags spread all over the NW side of town. A little Googling tells me this facility is a unit train loader, which makes the need for that many grain bags during a drought unexpected to me. I realize theres a lot of different grains produced in that area too which may create a need for temporary storage? But with the weather out there this year it would almost have to be old crop??

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)