AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who is growing Xtends in 2018......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

sand85
Posted 8/18/2017 23:02 (#6196409 - in reply to #6196121)
Subject: RE: Who is growing Xtends in 2018......

C IL

Have been using RR2's.  Tried some extends this year on about 15% of acres.  Very pleased with weed control, but it was an unusually dry summer and we never post-sprayed dicamba, it just stuck around from the pre-emerge treatment. 

We did get drifted on with dicamba, didn't say much, will be actively sticking up for ourselves next year on dicamba drift.  Neighbors need to be on-label - none of this spraying up to the border of a non-dicamba soybean field.  Neighbor's need to be insured in case of offsite movement of vapor drift.  We will see what the combine says this year - obvious damage and height difference on half of a soybean field than made 82bpa two years ago. Real jerk move for neighbor to spray off-label given all the education events this year, and general requirements of having a private pesticide applicator's license.  He's a Channel dealer, too ...

I am usually pretty calm and reasonable about these things, and willing to be still, but need to be made financially whole if damaged going forward.  Bring me beans to replace any yield found lost to offsite movement and you can use all the dicamba you want.

I think we will be using Liberty (preferably E3) next year due to concerns about using dicamba as a post-treatment.  Roundup not working, Liberty not much more than Cobra and then you can actually spray post again or spot treat escapes with Liberty.  I am not comfortable with dicamba as a post-treatment.  Offsite drift liability concerns, I really think the label will (and should be) substantially restricted later in the season, and now you are back to Roundup and Cobra.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)