AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere 8760 what to look for.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jd7730
Posted 8/18/2017 23:53 (#6196448 - in reply to #6195920)
Subject: RE: John Deere 8760 what to look for.

SE MN
The main hyd pump and a few other things associated with it should be rebuilt/replaced if they have not been yet. You might want to have a dealer give you an estimate on that job and figure it in. As far as the differentials, I'm not sure there is a way to know why they were taken out unless you can see the work order. Six owners is a lot and it only shows 6,500 hrs...I'd wonder if the hours are correct. If it was into the dealer throughout the years then you should be able to verify the hours based on the the service records. If everything looks like it's original then that would be reassuring, but if it's been repainted and the appearance is not original then I'd probably not be very interested in it unless the price is very good, but that's just me. I'd try to talk to some of the past owners or their employees if they have any and see if they'll share any info.

The 3 point hitch is not worth much unless you need it. I don't think the 3 point would make it worth very much more than one without one.

20.8 R38 tires are ok, but 20.8R42 tires are better. Any tires in good condition is a good thing.

I think as long as you don't plan to sink the digger too deep in the ground you'll get along fine with 44.5' 980 on an 8760.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)