AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New to Tiling (Feet per Day) (No Drainage Outlet)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

sand85
Posted 8/17/2017 20:24 (#6193816 - in reply to #6193463)
Subject: RE: New to Tiling (Feet per Day) (No Drainage Outlet)

C IL
Your upper limit is somewhere in the range of 10k ft per hour. That is tiling both ways at 2+ mph (over 200 ft/min) with an army to keep tile strung and connections made.

I don't go that fast even with a SP tracked plow, but the guys that make the DAC for AMW say you can go over 2mph with a Crary on a tractor and keep grade. I'm not sure how much you can slow down and keep grade plowing back over the tile main downhill like you can with a tracked SP plow.

If you have a couple guys and just starting out your realistic average starting out is closer to 1 or slightly less tile starts per hour with stringing tile and plowing it in. You get the hand of it and get 3 or 4 guys in decent traction conditions, you can get 15+ starts per day. Multiply that by length of run and you have your feet per day.

I and many others can tell you from experience that burying the stringer or the tractor plow does not make for an efficient day.

My brother has a 4-ton mini and seems like it took over 30 mins to dig a start, make the connection, and get a tractor plow set down into the hole. Then you had to run the stringer out, run the plow, and survey back.

Experience neighbor used an 11-ton machine, 3 guys, and plows one way with a tractor plow and gets 15-18k ft per day.

We added a 14-ton excavator this fall, so we will see if that can keep up with a Bron. Experienced guy I know gets 30 starts/day out of a machine like that, and that operator makes the connections, too.

I watched three guys with a Bron, skid, and a big excavator put in over 50k ft/day, consistently. They were good and had good equipment.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)