AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

grain cart scale
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Chad H
Posted 11/22/2008 23:32 (#514099 - in reply to #514051)
Subject: RE: grain cart scale

NE SD

The data download kit only lumps all of the files together so you have to write down which time you move from field to field, or download it to a computer everytime you move.

My solution: I called Digi-star and found out they are a very good company. Hooked me up with these people: www.taltech.com

I first started out using CEWedge on the PDA pictured below exporting to Excel Mobile. I found the setup to be very flaky. I think it was mostly caused by the Dell PDA but didn't have another to try.

I upgraded to WinWedge and bought a used Toughbook off of Ebay. Initial setup was a little tricky but after that it's as simple as it can be. It has worked flawless and our grain cart operator (60-ish in his first year helping with harvest) loves it. All he has to do is push the print button on the scale when he is done unloading and haul arse back to the combine. He does save the file occassionally between times unloading the combine and when we leave a field of course.

I have it setup to write to excel. You don't even have to open excel for a new field. All you have to do is press print on the scale head. I could email you the setup file if you need it sometime. Then all you'd have to do is load it and hit activate.

You'll also need a serial cable for your scale head. Ken at www.scale-tec.com can help you there.

Edited by Chad H 11/22/2008 23:34

(100_0767.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 100_0767.JPG (87KB - 129 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)