AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Planting with autosteer question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ZRT800
Posted 11/21/2008 20:26 (#512992 - in reply to #512899)
Subject: RE: Agree with Zach

I also agree with Zach. I would not recomend to someone to plant with waas. However, We planted all of our corn and soybeans using the EZ Guide/ Steer 500. Overall I was fairly pleased with how it worked. I Stilled used the marker and shifted the line from time to time if I thought it was off. I know of several others who planted with it and also had ok results. You want to make sure your planter matches up with your head if you are doing row crops. You will not be happy if you plant with a 12 row planter and harvest with an 8 row head. My feeling on the row spacing is after you get the tractor drivig good and implment draft set, I found 1/3 of your guess rows will be about right 1/3 will be a little narrow and 1/3 a little wide. on 15 inch rows soybeans or smaller it is not to bad. We had the straightest rows ever this year and would plant that way again before going back to driving the planter. For next year we went ahead and made the jump to RTK using the EZ steer 500. The repeatabllity of RTK even with EZ steer was scary accurate.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)