AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just how bad is it out there ??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WIJDW
Posted 7/23/2017 22:39 (#6145251 - in reply to #6145129)
Subject: RE: Just how bad is it out there ??

Well, let's see, parts of the Dakotas have been hit terribly hard, as has Nebraska, but remember 50% of Nebraska is irrigated. Kansas is variable, with Iowa having some dryness but with also some really good prospects. Parts of Ohio and Indiana have had too much rain, with other areas looking pretty good overall. Here in Illinois, the Southern part getting hit hard with Northern parts doing mostly well but flooding issues if you farm in the middle of Chicago, not to mention the overall general trampling. Some of us in Central IL had some dryness early, but July has been better, so we might end up kinda average, but C. Illinois avg. ain't too bad, sorry bout that. Tennessee and Pennsylvania looking good. Missouri started out good, but wilting a little with the heat, STL, Misery had actual 108 reading. Other areas not mentioned I have little clue, but how bout this, some good, some not so much.

So let see, adding this and subtracting that, USDA currently around 166, but that seems high with current crop ratings, so factoring that, weighing the indexes, hot during pollination and later than normal planting with lots of replant with tough spring.....................still don't know, but...........................where's my Ouija board when I need it....................................ok, coming up with a wishy washy fluid number between 153 and 162 for corn subject to change on next incoming whim and/or mood.
Believe that would be considered bullish for prices, although significantly better prices may take a while to be realized and the Trump factor may be negative for export growth, but weaker trending dollar could offset that, so ...............neutral.

Ok, so there's the Sunday night newsletter, and you got bout what you paid for.
Hey, it is what it is.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)