AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why can't I calibrate my 1910 cart?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

monse
Posted 7/22/2017 19:57 (#6142833)
Subject: Why can't I calibrate my 1910 cart?

NE ND
I am getting ready to seed some CRP acres. The seed is a mix of 3 types of grass, alfalfa, and some barley as a companion. I need to seed 20 lbs per acre. I have yellow roller in. Brown box monitor. I chose "custom 1" crop type at meter set up. Went through the regular calibration steps and get to the "turn crank until meter stops" page. I go back and begin to turn crank handle, the meter turns about 1/16 turn then the clutch kicks out and stops. Monitor reads .10 or there about revolutions, still on the calibration page where the meter revolutions are read. No warnings, nothing else saying something went wrong, nota. The clutch just disengages. When the clutch stops, you can hear a definite pop sound. Its not like a lose wire connection where the clutch sound lazy. It pops out like shutting the switch off.

I tried using "canary grass" as crop type at meter set up as it has a predetermined meter displacement value and "custom 1" does not, but the clutch kicks out the same with that too. The only other thing I wondered about was that I only have one bag of seed in the drill and the monitor does flash the "seed tank almost empty" at bottom (wanted to calibrate before dumping all the seed in as this was first time seeding CRP with air drill). Would tank have to be above the first bin level indicator switch to allow it to calibrate? Does the drill think there is no seed in the tank when that warning in on? Thanks for any help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)