AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

5525 john deere Help.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rufframs
Posted 7/18/2017 06:36 (#6133222 - in reply to #6132687)
Subject: RE: 5525 john deere Help.

This is one of the few functions on that tractor that is computer controlled, albeit pretty basically. I assume the dealer checked for codes and ran the diagnostics. Check your fuses, there is a separate set for the PR, they're the (4?) bigger ones in a separate block. There is also at least one fuse on the main block that can affect the PR operation. Check to be sure they are making good contact with no corrosion.

A bad seat switch or circuit will act like you're saying and would be a good place to look. The operator presence switch has a cycle memory so you just can't defeat it by hooking the wires together except for maybe one cycle, if you're lucky.

After that, I would start methodically looking at all connections starting with the reverser lever switch, this is especially important if it's an open station and/or it sat out in the elements.

If someone more helpful than me doesn't check in and you want to be more disciplined about your troubleshooting you can buy the repair manual and the operation and test manual, TM2187 and TM2197, online and run through their diagnostics. You'll pretty much need both manuals. A lot of the test routines can be done without access to the dealer's computer.

Speaking of technical help, check on the JD site and see if there are any service notes for that issue.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)