AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MyWay Apple NTRIP App
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cyrusbowman
Posted 7/12/2017 14:52 (#6121359 - in reply to #6114823)
Subject: RE: MyWay Apple NTRIP App

Unfortunately you do have to use a MyWay proprietary device. I just updated the description in the App Store to clear up the confusion.

This limitation if because Apple does not support the serial port profile for Bluetooth for devices that are not MFi (Apple) certified.

As far as performance goes, I am biased but I will share our experiences. The only complaints we have had are when the customer's receiver is configured to output lots of NMEA messages or NMEA messages at high rates (>1 Hz) to the port that the bluetooth device is connected to, this overloads the device so the app can't connect / find the bluetooth device. However when the receiver is configured correctly ie. 1 Hz GPGGA or with NMEA messages turned off and using the internal GPS setting in the app, it works great. My father has used it multiple seasons with his iPad and has had great results.

The best part about it compared to other modules is it uses bluetooth low energy. The advantage of this is that your phone can connect to the bluetooth device automatically when it is in range, just like a fitbit. So when you turn on your equipment you are automatically connected to RTK without fiddling with your device or opening the app. You can't do this with traditional bluetooth devices because searching all the time would take too much power. This feature works great on iOS devices, we haven't had as much success on Android because some of the Android devices don't look for BLE devices at a high enough interval. On Android if you device doesn't automatically connect you just have to open the app and it'll trigger a connection right away.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)