AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Greenstar / Precision compatability
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

carice
Posted 7/6/2017 06:14 (#6108148 - in reply to #6107311)
Subject: RE: Greenstar / Precision compatability

I have a customer with close to that many fields and so far it hasn't been a problem. A good computer with a lot of processing power would help with it working faster, but isn't a must. You should be able to export a lot of that stuff out of Apex and then import it into SMS.

As far as Deere v.s. Precision, I don't think you could go wrong with either one. I think a lot of guys view the 20/20 as easier to use, but it is all what you are used to. To get everything moved to SMS will be a little bit of an undertaking.

If you are seriously considering going this route, I would download the trial version of SMS and play with it to make sure it's what you are okay with using. You should be able to do SMS Basic for 30 days, and once that expires you should be able to download SMS Advanced and get another 30 days trial. Depending on what you are doing, SMS can have a little bit of a learning curve, but Ag Leader is awesome with support. I have used a few different software programs, including Apex, and SMS is still my choice. Unlike Apex, there is a "maintenance fee" with SMS. For SMS Basic it's like $150 a year and this covers all new software releases along with phone support.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)