AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

fixing an RTK base with the wrong location
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

sand85
Posted 7/4/2017 11:27 (#6105061)
Subject: fixing an RTK base with the wrong location

C IL

I don't control the community RTK tower we use.  When it was first set up, it was not surveyed in correctly and is off roughly 10-ft from the true position. 

This obviously causes problems if you lose RTK throughput and your GPS system jumps to WAAS, or if you are using AB lines on multiple systems and some of them are on RTK (in-crop auto-steering) and some of them are in WAAS (used more or less as a lightbar, such as in a sprayer), since they are several rows off from each other.  RTX is off, field and internal boundaries are off, etc.

So ... options:

(1) Can I put some sort of internal offsets into my RTK receivers (Trimble EZ-500 and FMX flavors) to account for incorrect base location?

(2) Does Trimble Business Center, or some other software package, allow me to export the neighborhood AB lines/boundaries out of their (Trimble) displays, shift them to the new (true) position with the tower shifted to accurately broadcast true position, and then import (correctly shifted) AB lines/boundaries back into the displays?  Things like this are possible in the survey/construction side of Trimble - post-processing data collection and shifting to OPUS-corrected coordinates.  We would then all be on the true coordinates without me getting assassinated by my neighbors because their auto-steer didn't work right this fall.

(2a) If I want to use those same AB lines on an AgLeader system using external Trimble RTK corrections (372 to an Integra, for example) is there a standard file format for storing AB lines that I could export or extract from that software and put into the Integra, or would I just have to drive to each field and start from scratch laying them out?  I read and recall the discussions from 8-10 years ago on here about the planar vs. curved models for AB lines, and it seemed that Trimble and AgLeader used the same planar/grid model.

Progress is slow but certain (another way of saying resistance is futile), it would just be convenient to avoid putting up our own tower/base because we can't get the existing one on the true coordinates.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)