AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

fixing an RTK base with the wrong location
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

sand85
Posted 7/5/2017 10:14 (#6106676 - in reply to #6106564)
Subject: RE: fixing an RTK base with the wrong location

C IL

Sure I have.  Several of us in the neighborhood went together 12 or 15 years ago to get a base station broadcasting off of the neighbor's grain leg.  This well pre-dated RTX-type signals/accuracy, so everyone went with full-on RTK or WAAS.

We talk about moving it every once in a while and it fizzles because of having to shift all the guidance lines.  Some guys are running strip-till, late season fungicide/N, combine autosteer, etc - there's never really a period where we can just 'start over' because someone is always using a current line.

I think people would be happy to switch to  true positions if we could cross the Rubicon of having to reset all AB lines in everyone's displays.

This is a routine issue for the Trimble Business Center (survey/construction side) software - to post-process collected data and shift it to the true position.  I am just trying to figure out if that can be done with the Trimble Ag Software.

I agree it is easier to shift the current base internal coordinates than reinvent the wheel and put up a new tower, and it will be easy to do that if we can just shift everyone's guidance lines/boundaries. 

Edited by sand85 7/5/2017 10:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)