AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

•John Deere 8310rt mid wheels delaminating
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

oakland
Posted 6/28/2017 16:14 (#6094643 - in reply to #6094277)
Subject: RE: •John Deere 8310rt mid wheels delaminating

Minnesota
At this time we have 100’s of hours on multiple machines in many states. All report excellent results. My theory is, by pushing the wheels out just a little from the guide lugs the drive wheel and front idlers takes more of the pressure when the track moves over. Because the mid-wheels are spinning at much higher speed they buildup heat. When we measure the heat on the drive wheels and idler wheels we find no increase in heat. It’s not that the rubber or polyurethane fail, but rather the bonding material fails and then the rubber or urethane lets go. Also, much of the travel time on these tractors is spent on township roads with rather large crowns; it is natural that the tracks tend to move to the inside. That is why we see more mid-wheel failures on the inside of the track frame. My personal opinion is that the single diagonal lug is also a factor in the track moving to the inside. Camoplast has a couple of new track options that I feel are excellent choices to reduce mid-wheel failures.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)