AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Knowledgeable help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

billybob
Posted 6/27/2017 21:38 (#6093326 - in reply to #6092976)
Subject: RE: Knowledgeable help

Going through the back roads of Kansas to look at an old house.  Wife likes them.  As we drove up to the house.  House was very close to the road so you could see it easily from the road.  What do I see but 5 Texas long horns with quite the horns grazing the road ditch in front of the house.  I was quite sure Kansas does not open range so I went up to the house, knocked, and the folks home say they were not their cattle but belonged in the pasture just in back of the house.  So the man runs out opens a gate, rattles some grain in a bucket, did no good, while his wife and I herd these long horns around the house and hopefully for the gate.  Well, we all know cattle that have just gotten out are enjoying their freedom and new grass and could care less about going back in where they belong.  But in time and going around the house a couple of times they decided to go in the gate.  Was rather fun.  Have not had any cattle in 20 years or so. My wife, true city girl wanted nothing to do with it and just enjoyed watching from the car.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)