AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2017 vs previous years..... week 24
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

WIJDW
Posted 6/27/2017 11:45 (#6092442 - in reply to #6092204)
Subject: RE: How about IL guys.

My take on backyarditis here (Western Illinois) is corn generally ok, but not a majority of great projections. Many fields have rolled a lot with dryness, with some areas not getting enough rain already being permanently damaged. Some other fields need timely rains to retain good yields, and are vulnerable if dry conditions persist or develops worse. Would guess my area to be off around 10% corn yields if growing season advances favorably, with the potential for much worse if a dry July/August develops.
Beans are behind but took early dryness well, although many (RR only) weedy fields that won't be cleaned up well. The little bit of wheat around is being double cropped ahead of schedule, as there's just enough rain lately plus enough in forecast for guys to give it a go.
I got 0.8" on 6-16 with severe wind to gooseneck but not greensnap my corn, an another 0.4" on the 23rd, plus another 0.1" yesterday for a June total of 1.3" so far.
My corn is ready to start tasseling prob later this week that will be about a foot shorter than normal. If my normal overall farm yield expectations are around 230 this time of year, this year they are already down to 210, which may be optimistic. Haven't dropped my bean expectations as much ...................................yet.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)