AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pro700 and Raven 450 not talking for 3rd party
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

notilltom
Posted 6/16/2017 23:23 (#6075148)
Subject: Pro700 and Raven 450 not talking for 3rd party

Oswald No-Till Farm Cleghorn, IA
Greetings,

Since I first got a Pro700 a number of years ago and with an AgLeader advantage before that I have been mapping as-applied spray and fertilizer applications. Simply put, I am experienced at doing this.

However, this year I can not get the Pro700 to stay communicating with my Raven 450. I am really feeling the loss of not having my application maps.

I had my Raven 450 checked out at Ag Express. First they thought it was the cable so I bout the recommended Raven part. When that didn't work, I had them check and they said there were loose connectors on the 450 board, fixed them and $200 something later it still doesn't work.

i run the serial Raven cable from the Raven serial port to the back serial port on the Pro700. It worked fine for a number of years. But, I see in the CNH document about some addititonal adaptor harness for grounding. I wasn't using that in the past when it was working....is that a problem?

I believe I have the Bod setting correct and other settings correct (not totally sure with data lock and such). I could use some help in that when I try to turn on data lock I get this error that I have never seen until it quit working... see photo.

I know that the Pro700 is talking somewhat to the 450 because when I enter the Raven 450 in 3rd party Port B i get a beep from the Raven and a 0.1 gpa rate in Rate 1 on the 450 which is a change from my 15 gpa I had entered into the Raven. But shortly there after, I get the prompt on the Pro700 that the two aren't communicating and to check the cable or settings.

Like I said, I have mapped as-applied for something like 15 years but this is the first year I have no maps. I am at a loss not having that record.

I have tried both my Pro700s (one with 30.x and one with 28.x) and they both "should work" but don't.

This problem started last fall when I tried to run both Raven 450 for liquid control while dual placing with ammonia on my strip till where I had the Pro700 TC controlling a Raven Node for ammonia.

Is it possible I was "just lucky" to have it work without using the adapter harness in the past????

Pulling hair out.

TIA

Tom

Edited by notilltom 6/16/2017 23:30

(IMG_1707.JPG)

(IMG_1709.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_1707.JPG (139KB - 102 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1709.JPG (98KB - 94 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)