AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CIH 4260 Ag Leader Switch issue
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/8/2017 06:43 (#6060061 - in reply to #6059742)
Subject: RE: CIH 4260 Ag Leader Switch issue

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Don't know if the following is going to help or confuse the issue more. First off whenever anyone mentions a "red" SP sprayer, I'm immediately reminded of the problem I had when switching one from a Raven 460 to an Ag Leader system. That problem had to do with one of the outer booms sections and a fence line tip. Your problem seems different but may be related.

As you are likely aware the Ag Leader system must be "informed" which Master and Boom switches it should expect. The Ag Leader system must have a working separate Master Boom switch and be watching it. The Auxiliary Input module has Switch A and Switch B connections to input the status of a variety of switches. These Signals are named F1-F14 as well as E1-E4. Generally F1 is the Master and F2-Fx are the boom sections. By default the configuration will be expecting this but can be changed. Any changes stick with the configuration.

With an Auxiliary Input module such as you are using, a special cable can be connected to ordinary switches or the built in OEM switches to convey the status for the Master and the Boom Switches. The Master is generally used. This would be the wire that eventually goes to the green connector at Pin 2 (F1-Master). By default, the system will be expecting the Master to be connected there. The special cable that you got should have the branches for the boom switches but also one for the Master. Generally this is used and tied into the Master switch which varies from machine to machine. Is that extra wire marked Master being used and going to the separate Master switch?

However you do not have to use that wire to convey the Master status to the system. There are other pins in the Brown (switch B) connector that can be used if desired. Pin 2 in the Brown connector is named E1. It could be connected to the Master switch but then the configuration would need to be changed to inform the system to "watch" that wire. E2 or E3 are also possible.

So in summary, I feel you need to have the output of the Master switch go to the branch in your special cable labelled Master and then leave the configuration set to watch "switch" in the setup OR have the Master switch go to pin 2 in the brown connector and then change the configuration to watch for E1.

Again the system must have a working Master input as this is separate from the section inputs and be watching for it in the correct location. If the system is configured to be expecting the Master on E2 but it is really on F1, then the system will not react as you desire since it is not paying any attention to the real Master location.

My observations would explain some of your problems but not all. Also remember that the implement switch connector must be jumpered on the Liquid Product Control module or the valves will never open. For the valves to open at least these things must be correct. 1) a non-zero target rate for the product must be entered. 2) Auto-swath should be inactive for testing 3) the Liquid Product must have High current power (the two pole larger connector to the module)

In rereading your post, I have another idea. The Insight and Integra and probably the InCommands behave a bit differently. With the Insight the onscreen boom indicators would indicated when a section valve was ON or OPEN, With the Integra the section will only show active when there is flowmeter activity in other words actually spraying.

I don't think changing the AIM would help accept maybe to rule out the possibility of the bad one.

In summary, I feel your original setup should have worked provided you have used the Master branch of the OEM switch cable adapter. The original switch assignments would have been correct for that. With an implement switch jumper installed on the Liquid Module and spray present I think you should have got the expected action with the exception of possibly an outer boom if it has the fence line diode situation. If the diode is eliminated that can be solved.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)