AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7610 john Deere power shift
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Two Hawk
Posted 2/24/2018 10:13 (#6601468 - in reply to #6600839)
Subject: RE: 7610 john Deere power shift

Southern Nevada desert
Should be the PCU, aka powershift control unit
Others computers are the CCU, aka central control unit and the HCU, aka hitch control unit.
On some tractors the CCU is stacked with the PCU in front of the shifter, and are changed together on others the CCU is stacked with the HCU beside the seat.
You will want a dealer to install the unit, it needs to be programmed, you can do it yourself if you have a diagnostic manual, make sure and set the hours and serial# first, you only get one shot at those.
My dealer told me there is no way to test the PCU, mine would lose speed signal just before the trans cut out, you could trick it into going for a short time by depressing the clutch just barely enough to open the upper clutch switch.
My codes pertained to the speed sensor, I changed it and checked the wiring first then changed the PCU on my dealers advice.
There are updated FEMA valves for the C1 and C2 clutch packs, they usually want you to change those first "just to be sure" but they did nothing on my tractor or my neighbors, they were both bad PCUs
If the trans light is blinking when it kicks out it should have some codes to help point in the right direction.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)