Posted 5/18/2017 14:03 (#6023373) Subject: Trimble 750 / EZ Pilot problems
I'm struggling to work the bugs out of a "used but new to me" Trimble CFX 750 and Ez-Pilot I installed on my JD 4840. Here are the problems I'm having and what I've done so far to troubleshoot. I've running out of ideas and the dealer I bought the used system from is not returning my calls--so that's less than helpful.
When the EZ Pilot system is actually working (which it does for short intervals of time), I have no complaints. I'm using WAAS and it seems to work within the capabilities of that system. I also used the display unit only (no autosteer) on my sprayer and had zero problems with that set up. All the problems are related to the EZ Pilot system.
1) About every 30 minutes I get a "SAM 200 disconnected" error and or a Code #12 error. Sometimes I can clear these and keep going but about half the time I have to stop and reboot the system. It usually works good for a while after that.
2) Less often I am getting a "IMD-600 disconnected" error or a "terrain correction error" Sometimes if I wait a bit they clear but again about half the time I need to reboot.
There is no pattern to when these errors pop up. Morning, afternoon, night. Sometimes I get a bunch of them in a row, sometimes it works great for an hour or more. I never get much more than an hour of service without some error shutting it down.
1) Made sure power and ground are coming directly from the battery with good connections
2) Eliminated the emergency stop button by splicing it out of the circuit
3) Checked all the cables and connections, sprayed contact cleaner in them and reassembled
What am I missing? I do have two 4-pin Deutsche connectors on my wiring harness that are not connected to anything--should these have CAN terminators in them? I do not have any CAN terminators in my harness. Do I just have a bad harness or SAM unit? Help--this thing is going to drive me to heavy drinking!