AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GAP!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Conan the Farmer
Posted 4/30/2017 20:03 (#5992728 - in reply to #5992696)
Subject: RE: And we have lift off!

South Central Iowa
I do think this deserves to get traction because the heavy 3+ inch rains fell in the areas of the cornbelt that had made the lionshare of all progress. Replant is such a delayed issue. Many fields, such as my own, won't be able to be judged for 7-10 days, so now we are at May 10th and deciding whether or not to take action. If we do need to replant, it might not be able to be in the ground for 3-14 days or whatever depending on weather and manor of crop termination.

I think a good chunk of potential is gone and depending on how much went in in Iowa last week, it could be even worse. A lot of planting happened in Iowa between Monday and Thursday and our temps have been bitter and the rain ice cold since. Iowa was 8% on last Sunday and could well be at 40% planted now. I wonder how much of the potential of that 1/3 of Iowa's crop is gone.

But I agree with you that the market won't respect it that much for now. It depends how well the other 60-70% of the nations crop goes in and weather after that. I think this might have done enough to take 175 national off the table, but probably could still do 170 or slightly better. All a guess for now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)