AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

heavy rains/ milo chemical and fertilizer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

versatile875
Posted 4/30/2017 01:02 (#5990830)
Subject: heavy rains/ milo chemical and fertilizer

Western OK
just got done drilling milo Thursday afternoon. ground was just about dry enough to be drilling finally. had mudded in every bit of it basically. the drill did an awful job getting the seed slot closed so I might have to invest in some of those spiked closing wheels. the rain came hard enough I guess I wont have to worry about my seed slots closing this time, but I guess we will see how much comes up.

looks like we got close to five inches of rain and the hail was drifted up along a few miles of the highway. I have been working the graveyard shift this turn so I got to ride this storm out at work. the hail came kind of sporadic, so ill have to wait till I can see the wheat in the light to tell which if any fields got damaged.

so with this hard of rain is all my atrazine and dual in a lake downstream somewhere? I also used 32 as my carrier so its probably there too. what are you guys thoughts? we had gotten a little un measurable shower the day before but I doubt it was enough to get it set

lots of guys have wheat hay down, we made enough last year for two years so we didn't do any this year, thank goodness. im also thankful we arnt getting the snow that some are getting. I hope it doesn't get to cold for you guys, wheat is already a lose deal and it would be a real bite in the rear if you didn't have any to cut.

Edited by versatile875 4/30/2017 01:04

(rain.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments rain.jpg (74KB - 133 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)