AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Piece of steel in eye
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Nate B.
Posted 4/22/2017 07:44 (#5976477 - in reply to #5976315)
Subject: RE: Piece of steel in eye

Bremen, KS
Not that bad. A few years ago I thought I'd be "smart" and did some quick grinding without wearing the face shield (yeah, spare me) on a Saturday afternoon. Of course, a hot spark apparently hit my left eyeball but it must have hot enough that it fused itself to the eyeball and I didn't feel it until a few hours later. I tried to work it out and it felt like it worked its way way up under my eyelash. I was miserable through Sunday even with some eye drops and on Monday morning I called the hospital hopeful that they could do something as I knew the ophthalmologist I go to is closed on Mondays. They made an appointment with the other ophthalmologist in town who took care of it that afternoon. I was asked why I didn't call the hospital on Sunday as they would have taken care of me in an emergency. I filed that tidbit of information away for future use, but I wear a face shield all the time now.

The doc told me there might be a small blurry spot and that the fragment was just beginning to rust. The blurry spot went away quickly as the prescribed eye drops helped the healing process and I never had any rust form. Hopefully they can provide some eye drops that will help clear that up soon.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)