AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So, is this the next Weather360/Captain Kirk setup
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

IALTO
Posted 4/21/2017 15:16 (#5975510 - in reply to #5975496)
Subject: RE: So, is this the next Weather360/Captain Kirk setup

WC MN
I guess we shall see what Sunday nigh/Monday brings. The carry-out seems to be very heavy on the market. If the weaker shorts decide to turn and run we may have some room for upside potential. I do not know the answer to this question, but have we ever had planting delays that substantially moved the market in May? Can we expect much more than 15-20 cents? The crop in all likelihood will get planted and with the soil moisture it will take a pretty dry pretty warm July August to get any real reduction in supply. 2013 and 2014 started out like this in my area and nationally we still grew large crops.

I do absolutely HATE waiting around to plant however. Up in my area of WC MN it has not so much been the rain but a lot of cool cloudy weather that accompanies the rain that has historically kept us out of the field. I do not see anything in the forecast that would indicate that we will get anything material done before may 5-10 at this point. That will be make our break for our chance of average or better yields for the most part up here.

Good luck to everyone.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)