AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Warranty Question on a Starfire receiver
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Dennis SEND
Posted 4/13/2017 20:43 (#5961569)
Subject: Warranty Question on a Starfire receiver

I am looking for an additional used SF3000 with 450 RTK radio (already have my own RTK tower so not going to a SF6000 at this time) and came across a reasonable priced one here on the classifieds ads section, however it says the activations have been warrantied by Deere so they are non transferable, what exactly does this mean?? I had a SF3000 get damaged once and Deere warrantied the activation (just needed a pic of the serial number plate) on to a new SF3000 and I asked if same thing happened again, (hope it don't again) but could I do it again and was told yea sure as long as I buy a new SF3000 or suppose now it would be a 6000 now but anyways what's the deal with this one that you can't transfer the activations, that would suck say a person bought the receiver listed in the classifieds, used it a couple of day and it quit or got damaged you would be SOL on everything not just the receiver itself, is this really the case?? So is it really buyer beware when buying used, always thought you had the activation no matter what but maybe not?? Can some more familiar with how this works let me know TIA.

Edited by Dennis SEND 4/13/2017 20:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)