AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MacBook Pro or DongleBook.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 4/11/2017 02:17 (#5956957 - in reply to #5955967)
Subject: RE: MacBook Pro or DongleBook.

southern MN
My new HP laptop has 1 USB port we all are familiar with, and 2 USB-C ports. And it has a familiar camera card slot built in still.

Those new USB-C ports are really much better, they can transfer power so no need for a special power plug - we can now feed power to our laptops with any USB power supply. And they handle mich faster data rates.

Alas, you hit upon the problem - while in the transition from old USB ports to this new style, we have to fiddle around with converting somehow. As well we have to realize that likely one of the new USB-C ports will be occupied by the charging cable now..........

I found a not too expensive thumb drive that is old USB on one side, and USB-C on the other side, so it can plug into my old or new computer.

My wife is still happy with her older Mac laptop, so I have not looked at the new ones. From what you say they don't have even one older style USB port, nor a camera card slot, that's too bad. Typical of Apple, they need to lead the cutting edge so much as to leave people behind a bit on stuff like this.

Paul

Edited by paul the original 4/11/2017 02:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)