AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Websites
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

ottofarm
Posted 10/19/2008 22:52 (#486183 - in reply to #483786)
Subject: RE: Websites

Redwood Falls, MN

There's been a lot of good advice offered here already. You do need to follow up in answering some of their questions. That would help give you a more detailed answer.

I've done two web sites for my church (www.stjohnredwood.org) and will be doing a third this winter. The original was done using a standard HTML editor. The current one was done using a CMS (Content Management System). I like this much better for a church. It lets gives you the flexibility of having multiple people work on your web site from any computer. The CMS I'm using is obsolete and will be replaced with Joomla (www.joomla.org).

Our synod (WELS) offers a CMS system that is managed by an outsider for a monthly fee. You still do all the work in adding and updating pages, but don't have the hassle of needing to know anything about the software. I think it works very well for churches without a knowledgable staff, or anyone that doesn't want the hassle.

If your interested in using Joomla, there is a web site that offers hosting of Joomla similar to the deal mentioned above.

The nice thing about these CMS systems is that when you want a new look for your web site, you simply but a new template on it and the content is not messed with. 

If you have more questions, you can email me. It's in my profile.

Lance O.

Edited by ottofarm 10/19/2008 22:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)