AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

corn hybrids, not trying to start a war
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

hawkfan
Posted 10/16/2008 09:02 (#483543 - in reply to #483496)
Subject: Re: corn hybrids, not trying to start a war

NW Iowa
Local elevator is $.065 per point for drying and 1.4% shrink, and no graduated scale like others I see. Corn must be 15% to sell or put on price later. It must be 14% to Warehouse receipt. Soybeans are averaged from 11% to 14%, and anything over 14% must stand alone and is shrunk 3% down to 13%. As an example, if I had 100 bu. of beans at 14.5%, they would shrink them 4.5 bushels. 14.5 - 13 x .03 = .045 x 100 = 4.5 bushels. Originally the elevator wanted all beans over 13% to stand alone until too many people complained, and then they rose it to 14%. Apparently all local processors have the same policy regarding moisture on soybeans. Another thing that seems unfair is if you haul in your corn and it averages 15.4% moisture, they charge you the full $.065 for drying, and it doesn't even see the dryer, as it goes into the dry bin directly from the pit. I could see charging $.065 x .4 = $.026, but not the full $.065, or possibly just shrinking it to 15%. It is interesting to see what other coops charge for drying, shrink, storage, etc.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)