AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

microsoft office outlook program not responding
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Hayburner
Posted 10/3/2008 02:25 (#474166 - in reply to #474019)
Subject: Re: microsoft office outlook program not responding

Edited to add your comment for continuity:

[our email program quit responding and can't be opened. It gives me a little pop-up that says I can cancel pending server requests some where on a short cut menu. I don't understand this. The day before this all happened we could receive e-mail but not send it. We also have outlook express on the computer and we used it before we bought Microsoft Office. We are now receiving and sending email with it without problem, but we have no access to our email in Office Outlook. Any ideas?]

Your post is a little confusing. I gather you used to use Outlook Express, then you got MS Office which includes the full version of Outlook? Which program did you use the day before when you could receive but not send? If you are now receiving and sending without problem, which program are you using to do that? Outlook Express and MS Office Outlook are two different programs, and knowing which is doing which would help. Also, it sounds like you might have something minimized in the system tray...the little space in the lower right. Look for something that looks like an envelope. If you find the little envelope, right click on it and see what the menu says. You might be able to exit out of a version of Outlook that still has something running.
If you are using Outlook Express and it works fine, its possible MS Outlook will not run if Outlook Express still has something running in the background. Also, if you were previously using Outlook Express, did you make the proper settings in MS Outlook? If you can provide some more detail I can probably help since I have used both versions.

Edited by Hayburner 10/3/2008 02:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)